News Updates from Health In Harmony
Exciting news! My book, Frazzled Hurried Woman! Your Stress Relief Guide to Thriving…Not Merely Surviving is now available at most Chapters/Indigo/Coles stores across Canada. The book will continue to be stocked in several more retail outlets – stay tuned for more events and book signings.
Coming Up: Book Signing
In Person – Rosalie Moscoe, on June 21st, from 12:00 Noon to 2:00 p.m. at Coles Book Store – Brookfield Place, 181 Bay Street, Toronto, ON, M5J 2S1
Frazzled Hurried Woman! in the“Self-Help” non-fiction category, as well as “Best eBook Cover” and “Best Illustrations.” Finalists will be listed on the award’s website on July 9th and the winners will be announced at The Global eBook Awards Ceremony on August 18th – wish me luck!
In Frazzled Hurried Woman! I champion the message that is it possible to achieve natural stress and anxiety relief along with an improved mind and body connection. Stress in itself is normal, a part of everyday life. However, your experience of stress may cause you to suffer headaches, neck pains, poor digestion or anxiety, high blood pressure and other ills. Finding ways to manage stress is crucial to relieve fatigue, moodiness, inability to lose weight, low sex drive, and loss of enjoyment of life.
The following are a few recap points from Frazzled Hurried Woman! When practiced regularly, these points will help anyone restore balance, increase energy and vitality:
Seven Steps to Instant Well-Being and Stress Reduction
1. Assess your commitments. Review your commitments and decide what you can do to protect yourself against being overburdened. Pare them down and/or enlist help. Do not think you can do it all yourself.
2. Realize that the stress response starts with your perceptions of events. Become aware of the root causes of your stress. Try to alter your perception of challenging events and your reactions to them.
3. Notice if your glass is half empty or half full. Shake off the victim role. Live in an atmosphere of gratefulness. Positive self-talk bolsters your self-esteem and confidence.
4. Learn to relax. Practice deep breathing techniques. Listen to music that you love. Get a massage or soak in a tub. Slow down and be more mindful of all your actions, especially when driving.
5. Visit your health trio: exercise, sleep and nutrition. Find time to stay fit. Make sleep a priority for better health. Rest when you’re tired and don’t feel guilty about it. Learn about superior nutrition to revive strength and well-being.
6. Give your brain and body super nutrition. Eat breakfast. Try not to skip lunch. Bolster immunity, energy and mood with foods that are rich in vitamins, minerals, fibre, amino acids, essential fatty acids. Collect dietary-specific cookbooks and use them. Pack nourishing snacks and drink 6-8 glasses of water throughout the day. Your body will thank you.
7. Re-evaluate your use of time. Organize the week in advance so that there is time for YOU each and every day whether it’s for exercising, deep breathing, listening to music, resting or walking around the block. This is a MUST.
It’s all about quality of life, not longevity.
Count to ten. Relax. Calm down.
Be content, seek…